Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Technical Writing Exercise

I reviewed Jenny Mockford's exercise.

Overall I thought it was great, very clear and concise. I liked how she put the key words in bold so the reader would focus on them. I also like how she used the word "please." There are some minor tweaks I'd recommend. Everything in bold, I'd also put in parentheses, not just the "Reconnect at Logon." Also, I'd in the first step I'd add in that contacting the network administrator is a way to confirm the server name.

Jenn's layout looks very professional.




My technical writing exercise is linked below.

Creating a Shared Driver using Windows 95

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job editing this down, I would recommend you change the format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny makes good points. Please, please, please change the design of this blog so that the text is darker than the background. This is for two reasons - one, it is a proven fact that this scheme is easier for people to read both in print and online, and two - it's definitely much easier on my old eyes.

    ReplyDelete